3852 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Array P400 daughterboard problem

GregorM
Occasional Advisor

Smart Array P400 daughterboard problem

Hi all!

Well I have a strange problem with my Smart array..
I have a P400 with latest firmware...
Because it was returning me errors in System Managment homepage I have it replaced...

I only got new RAID controller but I did not get RAM (daughterboard)...

OK I took old 512MB RAM (works on my second raid controller) and put it onto new controller which has latest firmware too...
Now I get error 1783 that controller is locked due to hardware failure...

Is it possible that raid controller does NOT support 512 RAM? When I put 256 MB RAM on it it works fine...
And this 512 MB RAM if I put it into second controller it also works fine...

My only explanation is, that RAID controller card does NOT support 512 module...

Weird...

Any suggestions?

Oh I`m running on DL 380 G5 server ant I tried reseating components fot 5 times now... :)

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

The 512MB BBWC (option part 411064-B21) is compatible with the P400 Smart Array Controller. You can check the Quickspecs for more information. It looks like a failed 512MB Battery Back wright Cache. Even though it could be something different. What is the server model?
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
GregorM
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

Server model is DL 380 G5
LECAILLE

try to put the latest firmware when 512Mb installed. ( firmware mismatched problem)
GregorM
Occasional Advisor

How can I do that if Controller is in lock-up state? Firmware maintainance CD does not see controller...

Any other idea?
vince borner

I too have the same problem and could use some help with solving this issue as well. I have the firmware but have not been able to use the smartarray CD to load the OS either.
GregorM
Occasional Advisor

OK I tried swapping memory controller with other and flashed on first one ALL firmwares but noone match the daughterboard...

I`m getting same error on every controller firmware...