2554 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Smart Array P410i Code 730

eboracensis
Collector

Smart Array P410i Code 730

Hi.

I recently received a HP replacement hard drive for a RAID 1 array.

However, once the RAID rebuild was complete on the replacement drive, when using the Array Configuration Utility showing the physical view, this particular replacement hard drive gives a warning error code of 730.

The description of this 730 code is as follows:

"1 TB SATA Drive at Port 2I : Box 1 : Bay 5 is part of a logical drive that is not supported by the current configuration. Any configuration command (e.g. logical drive creation, array expansion, etc.) or modification to the controller will result in the loss of all existing data on the disabled logical drive(s)."

The current configuration of the controller is a P410i embedded slot, running 2 RAID 1 with spare arrays (1 logical drive on each), on a ML350 G6.

Can anyone shine some light onto what the issue could be?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: Smart Array P410i Code 730

Hi,

Just make sure all the hard drives are of same model and or having same firmware revision.  Also update the controllers firmware.

Make sure that the replaced drive model is compatible with the controller.

Hope this fixes the issue.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

piselloa
Occasional Contributor

Re: Smart Array P410i Code 730

I was just on the phone with HP and they were able to give me this information regarding error code 730. In this instance it is for a blad but the error is the same. Hppe it helps.

Title: HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server - Code 730: This Physical Drive is Part of a Logical Drive That is Not Supported by the Current Configuration

Object Name: mmr_kc-0105422

Document Type: Support Information

Original owner: KCS - ProLiant Servers

Disclosure level: Public

Version state: final

Environment

FACT:HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server
FACT:Controller: Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot
FACT:Device: Physical Drive 1I:1:1
 FACT:Drive Firmware Revision HPD3

Questions/Symptoms

SYMPTOM:Code 730
 SYMPTOM:Message: This physical drive is part of a logical drive that is not supported by the current configuration. Any configuration command (e.g. logical drive creation, array expansion, etc.) or modification to the controller will result in the loss of all existing data on the disabled logical drive(s).
 SYMPTOM:This physical drive is part of a logical drive that is not supported by the current configuration.

Cause

CAUSE:All drives should be running the same version of firmware. System had one drive running Drive Firmware Revision HPD3 and another running Drive Firmware Revision HPD4.

Answer/Solution

FIX:Upgrade the outdated P410i firmware and all HD drives firmware to latest version using HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) which can be downloaded here: 
 Click here to access "HP Service Pack for ProLiant".
 Note: Please verify your current OS is supported by looking under the "Technical Specifications" section of the "HP Service Pack for ProLiant QuickSpec" located here: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/productbulletin.html#spectype=worldwide&type=html&docid=14080

-Tony