6147 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Array P410i on ProLiant DL380 G6 - HDD is not replaced - error

gbukharov

Smart Array P410i on ProLiant DL380 G6 - HDD is not replaced - error

Hi all,

I'm new to servers and don't speek English, but:

In a RAID 5 disk broke. HP P / N 507119-003 - 146GB 10K SAS.
We bought new and replaced it. But the drive does not work - "Deferred write error".
Logs before and after replacing the drive here. "Physical Drive (146 GB SAS) 1I: 1:03". We have updated the controller firmware to the latest (from 2.47 to 6.0), but it still does not work! What's the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

When we compare old and new ADU logs, we see that drive 1 also has problems.

[ Physical Drive (146 GB SAS) 1I:1:1 ]
Last Failure Reason Write Retries Failed (0x2b)
Read Errors Hard 0x00000002

If more than 1 drive has failed and we replace one of them, still it does not rebuild because the controller cannot take data from the other failed drive.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

gbukharov

We bought only one disk because they any more weren't in a warehouse. Two more have to arrive to the middle of August.

Drive 1 also has problems, but we just reinsert it and it work 1 week properly.

If with a disk there were problems and it was reinstalled simply then it normally works (the green blinks) - the disk all the same is considered faulty?
What it is possible to make to establish a new disk instead of old, having only one disk? The old disk now too in work (too it was taken out and inserted back), but already blinks an orange (Not continuous burning). The server works normally, data are read and the reserve disk (the slot 4) isn't connected

Sorry for Google Translate...