1752759 Members
4959 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart CD for Server 2012 R2 ML110 G7

Geraldo45
Advisor

Smart CD for Server 2012 R2 ML110 G7

Hi I am trying to look for a  Smart CD for Server 2012 R2 ML110 G7?  Can anyone post a link? 

The only one I found went to Server 2008 not sure if that will be applicable for this?  I did google but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
RbBsmn
Regular Advisor

Smart Start hasn't been updated for a very long time, so I don't think it supports Server 2012 R2.

Best thing to do IMO is to first run the latest SPP to get the fw up to date, install the OS just from the dvd, run the SPP to get the latest drivers and HP tools.
Did my post help? Thank me with kudo's! :)
Geraldo45
Advisor

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to search for a support pack for an ML110 G7 but no luck so far.

I have managed to installed Server 2012 R2 on the server and installed HP System Management Homepage but struggling to install the Management Agents, its complaining that the storage drivers are not there.   I will keep on perservering and if I find a solution will let you know.

Ta

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I think the storage agents only recognize 'P' series Smart Array controllers and will not see the embedded B110i 

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Hi there,

Smart start has been discontinued, and will not be updated, So, if you are intrested in installing Windows 2012 on your G7 machine, here are the steps:

1- install the latest SPP offline, here is the link:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx

this will gurantee that your firmware is updated, and ready for the new OS.

2- install the OS (WIN 2012) using the CD, and booting from CD, here is a guidline video for your help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJoQFxt6GBM&list=PL0A3D9402AD743221&index=16

3- install the SPP once more, but online, to gurantee that if any missing firmware is updated and that all drivers are installed.

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
Geraldo45
Advisor

Hi

I tried to download the SPP but it seems that I need to be a customer, I clicked on the ISO image and then came across an agreement but did not see any download link.

I have resolved my issue of installing HP management agents on a ML110 G7 with a B110i card.  I went to this link

I first installed the Storage Controller driver and then the 2 ILO drivers, after one of them there was a reboot and finally managed to resolved management agents.

HTH someone

PcsOfPortageLLC

I am a small business of just me. I every once in a blue moon have a bussiness asking for a new server. I cannot afford a HPE Support. Complete bogus way to get more money out of you and get you to purchase new hardware. Not my idea of a very supportive company.

Anyways, I cannot afford this agreement, what do I do to get the latest firmware??

avutu2407

Hi

I am unable to install B110i controller driver for Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2  on my HP Proliant 110Ml G7 Server. Subsequest to the creation of Logical Drives using 2 nos 2TB SATA drives for RAID 1 implementan, I initiated the OS installation process. Windows boots up and displays the Setup screen. After choosing the language, Keyboard options, it is unable to load the B110i Array drivers from the USB-Pen Drive. On taking browse option, USB is inaccessable & therefore my installation process gets struck. Reading through your blog suggests me that you could resolve this problem. Request you to suggest possible solution.

Regards