8163 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Card 532 Raid Installation

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Smart Card 532 Raid Installation

Hi,

I am setting up a brannd new server out of the box. The system boots and detects the 532 controller card with one logical partition. The system boots to the CD and I can begin the OS install process. Here is where things begin to break down.

The setup process prompts for typical info such as time/date settings etc. Then the system detects and wants to configure the RAID settings. I go through the Wizard accepting the default settings (RAID 5 with one backup drive). There are 6 disks in the server-each 36.4 GB. I press the finish button, and the screen displays a message stating creatin logical partition. The fan goes in to high gear, all the hard drive lights come on, and the screen goe blank.

My question is this---How long should it take for the system to create the partition. Compaq says 10 minutes. I have let this thing run for a few hours. Any one done this before and can give me some insight? Any help is appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Smart Card 532 Raid Installation

Hi, Did you upgrade the system bios and also did you try running the erase utlity prior to the install. These system don?t require and system partition, they have the RBSU (rom base setup utility) accessible from f9. If you do performed the manual setup you will have to use the f9 to specify the masse storage driver. Hope this will help.