108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Start 7

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

Smart Start 7

I am trying to figure out how to get the smart start system partition utilities loaded onto a server that I will be installing with an unattended script file. I have tried to load the 2000 server with the unattended scripts we have made and then run the psp in win2k but for some reason when I hit f10 during boot it says the System Partition Utilities are not available on this machine. Am I missing something here?
14 REPLIES 14
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Which server sir,
Nothing is impossible
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

DL380
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

Can anyone help????
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

I have loaded the server "DL380" using the smart start 7 cd and then adding in the win2k adv server os cd and stil. still it does not create the system partition utility for me I hit F10 and it gives the same message "the system partition utilities are not available on this machine". Can anyone tell me how to get this on the machine. I could do it with earlier versions of smart start 5.x but for some reason it does not want to work for me with 7. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks...
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

I think i might be able to help you.

What i can suggest is
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/cd_supportinfo/ServerSupportMatrix.pdf
Please you the compatible cd to confgiure the server tha will install system configuration utility.

Please do not assign point to this post.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

Ok it says that for a DL380 G2 the SmartStart 7 is supported. I have looked everywhere inside smart start to see where to create this partition but cannot find it. Does anyone have anymore information about this?

Also what is the assign points thing?
wayne_82
Occasional Advisor

well if you have a 380 g2, then you have a rbsu unit and you dont need the f10 partition. press f9 to use the rbsu. if you have a g1 unit then you need to use smart start 5.5 or lower to load the system partition on the unit.
Brian Robbins
Occasional Advisor

So is there no way to have the system partition utility with the Array Configuration Utility, and the other various diagnostic utilities loaded out on this seperate partition?
wayne_82
Occasional Advisor

they are all useable from the o/s, or by booting of the smart start cd