1752511 Members
4806 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Start Download or CD for ML350G6

Kurt Stafford
Occasional Contributor

Smart Start Download or CD for ML350G6

having a hard time finding a download or CD for Smart Start on ML350G6 running Novell netware version 6.5 hp says its supported but it wont allow you to download it in the software and drivers site
7 REPLIES 7
p-dubya

tricky4a
Advisor

That link takes you to 8.7 with no way of getting to 8.4. Come on HP get your act together! put CD's and archived versions on an easy to find section. Its not rocket science, just logic!

tricky4a
Advisor

OK for those like me who are getting well PI$$ED off with how HP support works, I will expand the above.

The link takes you to V 8.7 then one of the tabs at the far end has Revision History. Click on that.

Scroll down until you see 8.4. Click on that.

At first glance it appears nothing has changed, except the download is now for 8.4. Click Download

Then use your favourite ISO Burner to make an image.

HP in their infinite stupidity do not allow a link to what you see only the page before updating the revision history tab. Hence why the explanation above is needed.

It is so simple to correct but is just another example of why in my opinion you should NEVER willingly buy a HP server, if you wish to remain sane! I am using this DL380 G4 I have, as an example to my clients why we will refuse to use a HP server.

I am migrating around 2,000 servers on remote sites to new hardware. HP have ruled themselves totally out of the running due to their 5h1t approach to support. DELL all the way for me so far.

Legacy hardware is dropped off the HP support structure quicker than a stone off a cliff. In an industrial environment 10 years + support is needed. HP do not give you that.

Venkatgs

@tricky4a wrote:

That link takes you to 8.7 with no way of getting to 8.4. Come on HP get your act together! put CD's and archived versions on an easy to find section. Its not rocket science, just logic!

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

As of 4-11-2017 it can be downloaded from a legit HPE site as follows:

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=344317&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=181

That is SmartStart 7.90 ISO and it does work on G5 and G6 servers

Hope that helps. It took me some searching to get it myself.

Thanks

~B

Davideboss

The link doesn't work, should I have an assistance contract with HPE?

BOYAN BIANDOV
Regular Advisor

They keep chaning the web site; you just have to look for the G6 software and there's a link there. As of 11-4-2017 here's a working link and no - you do NOT need a contract or even a login to the HPE web site to download the ISO

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3884088&swItemId=MTX_2e6c41afdb8c4c0d9bffce484c&swEnvOid=4184

Type: Software - CD-ROM

Version: 8.70(B)(1 Dec 2011)

File name: smartstart-8.70B-0-x64.zip (625 MB)