5861 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Start Issues with DL380 G4

DataSource
Advisor

Smart Start Issues with DL380 G4

Hello,

downloaded the 8.5 SmartStart CD under the DL380 G4 link and it seems to load a version of Linux instead of running completely and then going through the configuration selections.  After that failed I downloaded SMartStart 8.7 from the G7 page but that is getting hung at the point where the white progress bar shows under the HP logo.  Sometimes I see a bit of blue showing progress but it stops about 1/8 of the way across.  Sometimes it does not start at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can get w28 loaded?

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
DataSource
Advisor

Thanks.  It appears that this is 2 lines correct?

DataSource
Advisor

Got it working.  Whose IDEA at HP was it to create a SmartStart CD that lunched Linux by default instead of launcing the GUI?   Geez

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The SmartStart GUI actually uses a somewhat stripped-down Linux as its "engine", so any time you're using SmartStart, you're actually using Linux.

Since Live CDs are a well-known technology with Linux, I guess using Linux as a basis for SmartStart was easier than building an entire SmartStart "operating system" from scratch, and more featureful than using FreeDOS or similar.

The problem was that the GUI was specified to start in a high-colour graphics mode that was too much for a DL380 G4. At least the SmartStart provided a prompt that could be used to work around the problem, instead of rebooting or displaying corrupted graphics and hanging.

MK
nyoto

what is? smartstartsystem18a9055d9589:~ # _

i m do not know with script...?