1748128 Members
3649 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Start

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Smart Start

I have just inherited a number of 6000's at my new job. I am tasked with adding new cages and building a couple RAID-5 arrays with new drives. I located some older Smart Start CD's, but the system returns an error 10, not supported version of Smart Start. I have looked everywhere for other CD's, to no avail. What version Smart Start do I need, and how can I get another copy (electronic or otherwise)?
-Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

i think that you have to subsribe. But you can get by without it. Download the SSD and other utilities from the website. then make disks and create the one for the array configuration utility. then create your array then create the system partion and then install plain NT, then install SSD ontop of your NT. you can also ceate disks for the other utilities.
also install the AGENTS after.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Take a look at www.compaq.com/smartstart - the Array Configiration utility and Array Diagnostics run from NT and / or from the smartstart CD. If you haven't installed NT yet, your only choice is to get a fairly recent copy of Smartstart. Check that the system rom and array controller firmware are up to date as well to avoid problems. If you're still looking for info - email support@compaq.com