New Discussion

Re: Smart Storage Administrator and Hyper-V 2012 R2 Core

SOLVED
Go to solution
Imperator
Occasional Visitor

Good day!
I also encountered a problem that I have a choice of language when running the ssaprefs.exe file. I tried to run the files C: \\ Program Files \\ Smart Storage Administrator \\ ssa \\ bin \\ hpssa.exe -install and hpssa.exe –start, did not help.
My link is https: // YOURSERVERNAME: 2381 opens but I can't find SSA there.

SMH.PNG

UnicefTacro
Occasional Advisor

Not happy that this did not work for you, it is unfortunate that this issue is being ignored by HPE. Most likely the reason for that is because SMH has been deprecated for Gen10 onwards.

As alternatives, for Windows Server Core you have the pretty nice but still buggy/incomplete HPE Smart Array Powershell module on the PSGallery, or the comprehensive but more complex to use SSA CLI.

: /

Matt_C
Visitor

Hi there,

Did you ever sort out the issue with it not appearing under SMH? We are exactly in the same boat......

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

I'm in this boat also, except things seem to have gotten worse, not better.

I'm running Windows Server 2019. I installed SMH, WBEM and SSA. Doing so seems to have broken my server. I can no longer access the hyper-v manager, even though it's running.

Here is the error:

Capture.PNG

Fortunately, my router is set to auto-start, otherwise I would not have internet access. I was trying see if something is wrong with the account, so I tried to access Your Account Info. The window immediately closes and there are errors in the log. It's the same for Manage your Account.

Some of the security settings are rather vague, but I set them for local host operation. Not sure if the problem is related to security settings, but unless I find a way to fix this, I will be doing a reinstallation of Windows Server.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel® Xeon® E5504
NX-Nikola
Occasional Visitor

Hello. This usually happens when WBEM agents are installed after Hyper-V and they tend to change .mof files. 

Run from cmd as admin this: MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof 

This will rebuild required classes and should restore back Hyper-V console. 

bimmerdriver
Frequent Advisor

Thank you very much for your helpful post, not only the fix, but what caused the problem.

I was able to get the VMs back by executing the fix in this post: Opened up Hyper-V today and all of my VMs where missing… umm what? It's exactly the same fix that you posted.

"Your account info" and "Manage your account" are still broken (along with who know what else), so I will be reinstalling the OS. IT's pretty scary that the OS can be broken so badly, so easily.

HP ProLiant ML150 G6 Intel® Xeon® E5504