1752770 Members
5130 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Smart Storage Battery Failed

chrismatchett
Occasional Visitor

Smart Storage Battery Failed

I have replaced a smart storage battery and the new battery is showing as failed. I'm finding the whole smart storagte battery experience a little like being lost in a dark forest with a torch with no batteries. So any insight would be appreciated?

• This is a Gen9 DL360 box.
  • ilo tells me the battery model number is 727258-B21.
  • The battery I have put in has a spare id of 815983-001.
  • I have similar boxes with original batteries who spare id is 750450-001. 
  • My system firmware version is  P89 v1.21 (11/03/2014).

Should I be concerned about the different spare ids? I bought the 815983-001 as it was for the same model, 727258-B21. As I mentioned, any insight or redirection to ducmentation that actually relates to my hardware would be great?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Are iLo4, Smart Array controller and SystemROM (this one clearly not considering what you wrote about) updated?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

There are a couple of knowledge base articles and advisories available on our portal, do check them.

You may try updating the iLO and Smart Array Controller firmware to the latest available.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

chrismatchett
Occasional Visitor

Thank you, this helps a lot.

Seeing the expired versions of spare parts helps me understand my different serial numbers.

I will update the system rom and see if the battery stops showing as failed.

Chris