1754014 Members
7272 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart Update Manager Remote Host Installation

DCC_SAN
Occasional Advisor

Smart Update Manager Remote Host Installation

Since upgrading PSP deployment from setupC to HP SUM we find that SUM cannot reconnect to the PSP source after installing a Broadcom driver. Therefore the install stops leaving several updates still to be installed. Only if you run SUM for a second time does it install the remaining updates. The SUM application and psp all reside in the same remote folder location.
4 REPLIES 4
Sangram_1
Regular Advisor

That's because the new driver gets applied and you loose connectivity.

I will see if there is some workaround on this.

Thanks !!!
I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
DCC_SAN
Occasional Advisor

OK Thanks - I'm sure that our old silent installs using setupC used to reconnected to the source folder and complete the psp installation after the NIC driver update.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

I think this is related to that issue
Advisory: Remotely Installing Network Drivers on ProLiant Servers Running Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 Systems May Cause HP Smart Update Manager to Stop Responding

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01510523&dimid=1046218472&dicid=alr_jul08&jumpid=em_alerts/us/jul08/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category_AdvisoryRemotely/alerts

it says versions 8.10 or earlier would not be a surprise for me if the problems still remains in version 8.11 (I have not tested it)

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
DCC_SAN
Occasional Advisor

The advisory is interesting, although even with a static address and any other unused network adatpters disabled we still get the Smart Update Manager finishing prematurely and sitting at the 'Installations Results' screen without any 'Sataus'