1753844 Members
7623 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart array 410i lockup code 0x12.

benda74

Hi Malcolm,

Interesting about KAV - I'll check that out today.

Cheers,

Ben
benda74

Hi Malcolm,

Just to confirm your comments - we were able to access Last Known Good option and we picked up a corrupted KAV6.

As you mentioned will have to look at upgrading or changing AV products!

Thanks for prompt responses.

Ben
HUNTER_9

We just got new HP ProLiant DL380 G6 Server.

After install the windows server 2003 standard edition every thing was ok,...but after updating the windows and install the Kaspersky Business Space Security the server gives blue screen error "hardware malfunction, system halted" ,..and this happens after log in into windows server by 3 to 5 mins maximum and after the message appear it takes 2 to 4 mins then the server make a restart.

when i uninstall the kaserpsky anti virus,.. the error did not appear again,.. but after reinstall it appears again.

our server Shipped Prior to November 16, 2009,... and i follow the following article:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01955503

and i updated the firmware but still the same problem,..

then i checked the HP Proliant Integrated Management Log Viewer and i found the following error :

Uncorrectable PCI Express Error (Embedded device, Bus 0, Device 7, Function 0, Error status 0x00004000)

i did contact HP support here and they send me HPS Reports Enhanced version 8.3.00r2 program by email and i reply to them with the output report in .cab file and the HP support reply and confirmed the PCI Express Error with the following article:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1267544665423+28353475&threadId=1395518

and they told me that they will send an engineer to replace the system board and i am waiting for that to happen in the next 3 days because they had to ordered the system board.

Now i want to know,.. is this problem appears because of the Kaspersky Antivirus only,.. or because the PCI Express Error only,.. or because both of them?

i need to know if i am gonna face the same error even after replace the system board of the server or what?

Thanks In Advance,
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hmm Malcom what is you hp case referance number ,
are you using 2008 R2

did you start the install with a smart start cd and let it guide you to install the os ?

also before kaspersky have you installed the psp pack 8.30 this helps some issue.

also ensure the 512 meg cache is on very tight ,reseat it

points appreciated :)
Mark Ostroski
Advisor

I have a DL380 G6 server that was failing with array controller lockup code 0x12. HP replaced the system board and the problem persisted. We swapped every other internal part with another server except the CPUs, to no avail. Finally I experimented with removing one CPU at a time. The problem it turns out was a bad CPU in socket 1.
HUNTER_9

Dear All,.. the problem has been solved by kaspersky support.

the solution is to disable "No execute memory" (No execute memory is disabled) option in BIOS settings.

-System options
--Processor options
---No Execute Memory Protection
----Disable

and here you are what is written about this option in the HP ROM-Based Setup Utility
User Guide.

No-Execute Memory Protection (G6 servers)
No-Execute Memory Protection enables the hardware portion of a feature that protects systems against
malicious code and viruses. When used in combination with an OS that supports this feature, certain
memory is marked as not for executable code. Viruses that attempt to insert and execute code from nonexecutable
memory locations are intercepted and an exception is raised.

Thanks & Best Regards.
Malcolm Watts
Frequent Advisor

servers now used for VM ESX servers.