1752815 Members
5857 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SmartArray P400i error.

DmitrijsS

SmartArray P400i error.

Hello!
I have HP ProLiant DL380 G5 server with SmartArray P400i. After brief absence of electricity, Array left off to see a disk.

At the start of server a next error isvisible:
1787-Slot 0 Drive Array Operating in Interim Recovery Mode. The fallowing disk drive(s) are mismatched types and should be replacet.

In a Array Configuration manager evidently following:
1. 274 1 TB SATA Drive at Port 1I : Box 1 : Bay 2 is bad or missing. To correct this problem, check the data and power connections to the physical drive.
2. Logical drive state: The current array controller has a bad or missing drive. This logical drive is operating in interim recovery mode with reduced performance and a further physical drive failure may result in data loss depending on the fault tolerance.

To clean an error last firmware set. Did not help. Into place of bad disk tried to put other disks. An error did not change.

What can be done, to correct mistake?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk Array to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: SmartArray P400i error.

hello,

1) there is critical firmware issue with later HP SA and SATA drives. Be sure you have latest v7.18 in place
2) check status of drive in slot 2, is blinking red? It could be real hw failure. Unppug and plug it again, if still not working, contact HP support.

Jan
DmitrijsS

Hello, Jan!

Thank you for answer.
1) We installed firmware v7.18.
2) Yes, status of drive in slot 2, is blinking red. Unplug and plug it again, this still not working!

But we found a decision. Carried all data from disks. Deleted a bad array. After restart, a disk became visible normally. New RAID created, checked, all worked!
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
good news.

If I remeber it correctly, thats exact behavior of bad firmware fixed with 7.18. Sad is array reconfiguration is a must.

Jan
khaldoun2015

hello .

i have the same issue with hp server proliant dl380 g6 

running windows server 2003 

but it's blinking orange not red 

can you help fixing this issue 

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, in your case it seems like disk failure..

anyway, your Smartarray firmware is really retired, update it first.

Jan