New Discussion юеВ

SmartArray P420i - HP DL360p Gen8 E5-2630v2 Base US

SOLVED
Go to solution
jonrojrojas
Occasional Contributor

SmartArray P420i - HP DL360p Gen8 E5-2630v2 Base US

Hello,

I need help urgently, we have an HP Proliant DL360p, in the HPE Intelligent Provisioning it appears that it does not recognize the SmartArray P420i Controller, this happened after a maintenance, the computer started without problems and after a few minutes the server started generating a loud noise, the same noise from the accelerated fans. Entering the Vsphere Client (they are virtualized servers in Vmware) it appears the indication that the volumes are not found, we restart the server and when trying to boot the error appears: Non-System-disk-or-disk-error-replace and strike any key .

I appreciate the help in advance.

Regards

Emprendedor | Soluciones TI
2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: SmartArray P420i - HP DL360p Gen8 E5-2630v2 Base US

@jonrojrojas wrote:

Hello,

I need help urgently, we have an HP Proliant DL360p, in the HPE Intelligent Provisioning it appears that it does not recognize the SmartArray P420i Controller, this happened after a maintenance, the computer started without problems and after a few minutes the server started generating a loud noise, the same noise from the accelerated fans. Entering the Vsphere Client (they are virtualized servers in Vmware) it appears the indication that the volumes are not found, we restart the server and when trying to boot the error appears: Non-System-disk-or-disk-error-replace and strike any key .

I appreciate the help in advance.

Regards

What error messages if any are displayed during POST?  Does the controller show during POST and provide firmware version and logical drive information?  Have you cheked the iLO log and IML for any error messages?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
jonrojrojas
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: SmartArray P420i - HP DL360p Gen8 E5-2630v2 Base US

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Apparently some of the components were not connected correctly or without an efficient connection, preventing the server from identifying the controller.

After cleaning each component again and reinstalling it in its position, the server managed to identify the controller.

Emprendedor | Soluciones TI