108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart CD for Windows Server 2008

SOLVED
Go to solution
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Funny, yesterday the OS matrix I sent didn't talked about w2k8 however if you click in the link again it will show w2k8.....We'r working faster that the webmaster....
Patrick G.
Advisor

I try the new SmartStart 8.00 but it ask for a flat file and don't accept the WS2008 DVD.

Any ideas?
Patrick G.
Advisor

The other way works, first WS 2008 DVD then PSP 8.00, but I will use the SmartStartCD.
Henrik Stade
Advisor

Smartstart cd doesnt work?

Tried to install Windwos Srv 2008 std Edt about 10 times now but always get the message: Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file c:\windows\panther\unattend.xml

However if i first install Windows srv 2008 and then aply all aoftware from the psp8.0 file it seems to work.

Any ideas? Problem with the new samrtstart cd?

Thansk alot in advance!
Henrik Stade
Advisor

Also tried the installation from flat files/networkshare etc.. same result no matter what media/files I use. Seems to be a problem with the unattend answer file created by smartstart cd.
AtlantaJohn

It looks like the ftp site is having problems. YOu can connect to the site but it won't allow any downloads....
Florian Tepe

Hey guys,

I have also the problem that SmartStart 8 asks for a FlatFile. I have only the choice to browse for a flat file, but I havn't really found something on the Windows Server 2008 Std. w/o Hyper V 32bit Edition DVD.
Would be nice if someone has an idea where the flat file could be...
I startet a call at the HP Support, but they didn't know either...
I could intall Windows Server 2008 Std. w/o Hyper V 32bit Edition without the SmartStart CD but it should also work with it I guess.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Florian

would you mind to post an screenhot about the issue your having for further research or specify a little more

thanks
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Florian Tepe

Hi,
I installed already the Server 2008 OS and it's too late to make a screenshot ;)

But I can give detailed informations:
1. I created a RAID 1+0
2. I inserted the Smart Start 8.00 X32 for 32bit OS
3. I checked the RAID with the ACU in Smart Start 8.
4. I startet to begin the Server Setup/Installation.
5. I selected Windows Server 2008 Std.
6. Selected DVD as source (Then automatically FlatFile was selected as a secound option and I had no choice to change it to .iso image.
7. Entered the product Key of Windows Server 2008.
8. Selected the option to install SNMP service.
9. Smart Start formatted the Hard Disks.
10. I insertet the Server 2008 DVD when I was afforted to do so.
11. Then he asks me to browse for a flat file and thats the point where I didn't know how to go ├Г┬│n, because every folder I choosed on the DVD didn't contain a valid flat file (I still don't really know what a flat file is ;))

So I hope this is detailed enough and quite understandable...
I'm a german user and maybe my english is not the best.
So far, Florian Tepe
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

got it, thanks for the feedback

I was trying to load an SSCD and saw that let me do more test in my lab to find out what that SSCD is asking

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!