5603 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart CD for Windows Server 2008

SOLVED
Go to solution
Florian Tepe

I just installed a Server (ML370G5) with the new Smart Start 8.00. Now the OS is Windows Server 2003 Ent. and Smart Start does not ask for a flat file and I have done so as described in my post before...
Seems to be a problem with the Server 2008 DVD. It contains no i386 folder any more like Vista. Maybe there is a problem and Smart Start scans for such a folder...
Don't know...
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Florian

I could test Windows 2008 in the lab so
this is the solution:

the only option is and will flat files for Windows 2008 so you select that continue when the Smartstart ask you for a OS directory

you have to right down

/mount/dvd/

Select continue and windows 2008 will install just fine

it is weird because it seems like your looking for a file but you don't know which one...

check my attached files

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Karen Holt
Advisor

Yes, I am having the same problem with the unattend.xml error message when setup is nearly complete using Smart Start 8 and can't install W2K08 any other way without a BSOD - has anyone found a way around this error?
evgenn

I have the same issue during installation W2k8 Ent x86:
"Windows could not parse or process unattend answer file c:\windows\panther\unattend.xml"

Our company purchased a new server DL360G5, I updated all firmware whish available at this time, I'm using SmartStart 8.0 x86, it officially supports W2k8 but I got this error every time I tried to install W2k8 via SmartStart.

evgenn

Here the screenshot of my error.
Capel
Frequent Advisor

hi

have you checked this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947303

regards
evgenn

Yes, I checked,
but I think it not related to this problem because answer file prepared during installation by SmartStart CD not by me. Also I suppose "ShowMediaCenter" option is not exist in anwer file for Server 2008 installation.
Capel
Frequent Advisor

what about not using smartstart?

regards
evgenn

Of course it works, but to me is more convenient to use SmartStart CD, also I would like to know the reason of this problem.
Devin71

Devin