cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartStart Diagnostics Partition

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

SmartStart Diagnostics Partition

All the setup literature for the ML330 says to go into the ROM-based setup program (the Hit F10 thing) to set up certain parameters and then continue with the SmartStart CD. All the literature, at this point, says to refer to the SmartStart documentation for assistance on that.

Well, I've gone ahead and run SmartStart the same way as I've done a hundred times and set up the diagnostic partition as per normal. The problem is, I have no idea how to access this partition on the ML330 once it's installed. Anybody know the right F-key to hit? Am I supposed to have a diagnostic partition on the ML330 to start with?
2 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SmartStart Diagnostics Partition

The ML330 and ML350 do not use the standard F10 partitions that most other Compaq servers use. The ML330 and 350 use an F10 ROM based setup. When the machine POSTS, it will prompt you to hit F10 to enter setup. After you hit F10, it will take you directly into the BIOS. If you want to run diagnostics on the machine, you will have to download the diagnostics disk from the Compaq website and boot to it. The 36 MEG partition will show in disk administrator, but it is not used.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: SmartStart Diagnostics Partition

You can also use smartstart to create a diags/inspect disk from the 'create support software' option. I use this disk to perform an 'inspect' txt file of the server which I can then printout. It has most of the options that the standard 'F10 partition' has.