108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SmartStart Scripting Question --- DL380

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas Sords
Advisor

SmartStart Scripting Question --- DL380

Does anyone have a script for a DL380 G3/G2 that I can use to start off with? I am prepping to roll out 6 G3's with the same config and also have to support 3 G2's and am having problems wrapping my mind around the SS Scripting Toolkit. I would appreciate any help with the scripting side that is possible. I have already done the .ary, .hwr, .prt, and unattend.txt files.
3 REPLIES 3
Eric Torbenson
Frequent Advisor

Re: SmartStart Scripting Question --- DL380

I'm just checking, but did you also get a copy of the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit's Best Practices guide? They have a sample AUTOEXEC.BAT file as well as detailed instructions on how to create the boot floppy/shared install directory structure.

The key to making the startup script portable among server models is the hardware model detection utility. The Best Practices guide shows you how to create a startup file that branches based on server model, so you can load different HWR, ARY and PRT files for each server type.
Thomas Sords
Advisor

I did get it, and they had some of it. My particular brain-fade is on the bat file for the individual model, ie loading devices, which order to do things, etc.
John Goodwin_2
Solution

Thomas attached is 3 batch files that will detect if the server is a DL380G2 or a DL380G3 then run the appropriate configuration. you need to alter the drive letters it calls the various utilitys from to suit your needs and then copy the utilitys to those directorys. but this should give you a guideline to get going. you can call the svrtype.bat file from your autoexec.bat and that inturn will call the correct configuration batch files.