HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartStart and ProLiant Server/Win2K Server SP4

Quan Tran_1
Occasional Visitor

SmartStart and ProLiant Server/Win2K Server SP4

I can't seem to get SmartStart to install on serveral of my servers which are included DL380, ML370. I got an error saying that "Access to the target computer was denied, possibly due to incorrect authentication information or permission" I logged in using the local Administrator account, the system is on the network but still in the Workgroup, it has Win2K SP4 (installed from MS Select CD with SP4 built-in) and all of the MS Security Patches I could find under Critical Updates. I tried both SmartStart 5.5 and 7.0. The OS is installed on a RAID 0+1 Partition, I also have System Partition on ALL system. I talked to HP Tech Support earlier but they couldn't help or figure out the issue. They told me to re-install the OS; however, I can't really do this on a Production server, I can try on the other ML370 I just configured; however, I don't think this has anything to do with the OS except MS Service Pack 4 and the Security Update may cause the havoc and HP just doesn't know yet. Anyone seeing this issue before please let me know. Thanks
2 REPLIES
Joseph Loo
Honored Contributor

Re: SmartStart and ProLiant Server/Win2K Server SP4

hi,

you may like to read this thread:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=436767

regards.
what you do not see does not mean you should not believe
Quan Tran_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: SmartStart and ProLiant Server/Win2K Server SP4

Thank for the info. I also found a work around by running the installation in DOS mode using one of the DOS Command included on the same directory