1753774 Members
7101 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart and Service Pack for Proliant

epretorious
Regular Advisor

SmartStart and Service Pack for Proliant

Now that the Service Pack for Proliant (SPP) has replaced Insight Foundation (PSPs, Smart Update Firmware DVD, and other systems software) and SmartStart has been baselined: How will diagnostics and configuration tools (Insight Diagnostics, Array Configuration Utility, and Array Diagnostic Utility) be packaged+delivered?

Eric Pretorious
20 REPLIES 20
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

All the tools are packed in SPP as before ( it is a mix of firmwares+drivers+HP Diagnotics Softwares ) 

Hp will still provide options of downloading firmwares/sw and drivers separately  and will not be removed Hp.com atleast as of yet because not all of them are still aware of SPP and are gradually moving from FW DVD and PSP. 

Hope this helps

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala
epretorious
Regular Advisor

@Goutham_Sabala wrote:

All the tools are packed in SPP as before ( it is a mix of firmwares+drivers+HP Diagnotics Softwares )

Where are the Insight Diagnostics, Array Configuration Utility, and Array Diagnostic Utility programs? I don't see them in the SPP. AFAICT, there's only the Smart Update Manager on version 2012.01.00 of the SPP.

Eric Pretorious
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Well SUM installs them together ( drivers+firmware and softwares ) . if you would like to check the contents like what exactly the SPP installs and their respective file names 

Extract the Iso you would find contents.html

HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows x64 Editions 8.7.3.4153 cp016071.exe

HP ProLiant Array Configuration Utility for Windows 8.70.9.0 cp013626.exe

Array diagnostics utility is not in their because diagnostics utlility is part of ACU itself now. Also I have created( PFA ) a PDF for your referrence with the contents of the SPP. 

Goutham Sabala
epretorious
Regular Advisor

@Goutham_Sabala wrote:

Well SUM installs them together ( drivers+firmware and softwares ) .

Why were the diagnostic+testing tools removed from the SPP DVD? This seems counterintuitive. e.g., Testing an array or expanding an array using tools installed on that array certainly seems unreliable to me.

Eric Pretorious
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

What other diagnostic+testing tools are you referring to that are removed from SPP ?

I see that 

HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition for Windows x64 Editions 8.7.3.4153 cp016071.exe

HP ProLiant Array Configuration Utility for Windows 8.70.9.0 cp013626.exe

HP System Management Homepage for Windows x86 6.3.1.24 (B) cp016433.exe

HP ProLiant Integrated Management Log Viewer for Windows 5.25.0.0 cp013783.exe are all included in the SPP DVD 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-264/127136/1/SPP2012010_contents.pdf

Goutham Sabala
epretorious
Regular Advisor

@Goutham_Sabala wrote:

What other diagnostic+testing tools are you referring to that are removed from SPP ?

First: I'm using Linux - not Windows.

Second: I see that the installables are on the Red Hat-specific ISO for the DL/ML/BL platforms but I'm asking about the bootable ISO - not the non-bootable subsets.

Third: What I mean to ask, specifically, is "Why have the HP Insight Diagnostic executables been removed from the bootable ISO?"

Eric Pretorious
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I didn't realize the offline versions of ACU and diags had been removed. I'll see what I can find out

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Will see If I can find anything about it, will reply here once I get info on that

Goutham Sabala
epretorious
Regular Advisor

@Goutham_Sabala wrote:

Will see If I can find anything about it, will reply here once I get info on that

@Jimmy Vance wrote:

I didn't realize the offline versions of ACU and diags had been removed. I'll see what I can find out

I apologize for not being more clear. Thank you both for your patience and persistence. I look forward to your response.

Eric Pretorious