HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartStart contents...

BobOffhaus
Occasional Visitor

SmartStart contents...

Do smartstart and firmware dvds contain ALL firmware updates put out prior to the release of the smartstart and firmware dvds?

i.e.: I currently have firmware dvd v8.50 for my DL385G6. I see on the driver site that v9.00 is out (released 4-12-2010). However, there are also some recommended firmware updates on that page for the NIC (released 2-8-2010). Would that firmware already be on the new firmware dvd or are they not on the new firmware DVD and I should download and install the firmware updates separately?

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Sorry if this question seems so trivial, but I'm new to this...2 weeks exactly. Thanks all.
2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SmartStart contents...

This will depend on the finish date for the media, of course.

What I do is to copy the DVD to an USB thumb drive and add newer firmware files, so I have a "always up to date" media.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: SmartStart contents...

hi,

2 weeks ago we bought a Storage server X1600, from HP, and yesterday we used the firmware DVD 9.0, only the raid controller was updated most of the components was up-2-date, some times its better to install the latest firmware, but this is depend on the enviroment and policies.

To deploy lot of servers its possible to use HP SIM.

mikap