ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752579 Members
3108 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SmartStart with old server

ashley_13

SmartStart with old server

We have a Compaq Proliant (Series 4000) This is a fairly old server. Probably about ten years old. How can i figure out what SmartStart to use with this server?
5 REPLIES 5
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Ashley,
Smart Start 5.50 and older shall do the trick for you. If there is no RAID involved then you can set up the hardware by downloading the System configuration utility from the following link:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/13227.html

And the following link has all the software related to your server:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/7_1111.html

Regards,
ashley_13

Thank you for your reply. The server does have RAID. Can I still download the software or would I need to get the CD?
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Ashley,
In that case you surely do need the smart start CD. You may be able to set up the system without the smart start. The older version of array configuration is diskette based which can be downloaded. In case you want to have a system partition on the server then I would advise you get hold of a smart start CD. In North America that can be ordered by calling 1-800-573-1099. Please make sure you specify 5.50

Regards,
ashley_13

I know this may be a little off topic but I haven't been able to find any info on this anywhere.

I found a SmartStart 4.23 CD. I'm trying install Windows NT Terminal Server but it is not listed as one of the operating systems to install. So I chose Windows NT 4 but when it askes for the OS CD it doesn't accept the Windows NT 4 Terminal Server CD.

Any ideas? Or could you point me to a website or document that might have info on this?

thanks
ashley
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Ashley,
What you need to do is when the time comes for OS selection then choose 'Other'. That would allow you to proceed with the installation. Please let me know if you have any problems in doing that.

Regards,