1753753 Members
5340 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Smartstart 5.2 installation

Ian Stopford

Smartstart 5.2 installation

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to install NT4 using Smartstart 5.2, Everything works fine to where smartstart asks for the Profile disk again, and then the system just stops completely, apart from mouse movement.

System is a Prolient 1000
132 Mb Ram, Scsi Hard Drives and CD Drives

I did install NT4 Fully before, But I decided on completly cleaning my system and do a fresh install, but now I have problems, I have only taken out a Token Ring card out, and everything ran fine until now ??

Please help

Thank you in anticipation of your replies
4 REPLIES 4
Ken Henault
Honored Contributor

Re: Smartstart 5.2 installation

Did you do a system erase before trying to reinstall?
Ken Henault
Infrastructure Architect
HP
Ian Stopford

I did a complete system erase using smartstart,
I even tried NVRAM reset and tried that way, but alas still not able to install further than where it asks for the Profile disk the second time, Just comes up Seek Failed and stops just mouse able to move but no buttons are able to be selected?

Wesley W.D. Summers
Frequent Advisor

Since you say that it "... Just comes up Seek Failed ...", it might be a faulty Floppy Diskette.

At the following link, you can get the software to create a new Server profile Diskette:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/7453.html

Regards, Wesley.
Ian Stopford

Thank you

Your answer helped, I made a new Profile disk and also replaced the floppy drive, the drive was subject to some building dust so to be safe I replaced it, previously I also had two profile disks and both of them gave the same results before (System Halted) but the New one proved to do the trick

thanks for the help

Ian