Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartstart does not see bootable drive - DL320 G5p

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sam Rahal
Occasional Visitor

Smartstart does not see bootable drive - DL320 G5p

Enabled the embedded SATA RAID controller, configured a RAID-1 array from the "HP Embedded SATA setup" screen, and made that array bootable. The HP SmartStart CD loads and I get the message: "There is no bootable drive configured on this system". It sees the Boot Controller: Intel Corp 82801 SATA RAID controller. But the boot controller disk size = 0MB.

I'm using this server as a primary domain controller so I want to be 100% sure it's configured properly right from the start.

Thanks,
Sam Rahal
3 REPLIES
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Smartstart does not see bootable drive - DL320 G5p

Hi!

The Smart Start CD doesn't work with the Proliant 100 Server series. You need to have the driver in a floppy disk, you insert the Windows CD, it will prompt to press F6 to load the driver. Once the driver is loaded it will continue with the installation. Or you can create an Slipstreaming OS CD, wich consists on burning the Windows CD with the driver.

HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3579703&prodNameId=3579737&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-1af9deb2dde346e78892d0e1b4

Regards,
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Gary Antonio Benavides
Trusted Contributor

Hi!

In the previous response I said that the Smart Start CD doesn't work with the 100 Server Series. That's true, but I wanted to say that the Smart Start CD doesn't work with the SATA Controllers, only with smart Array Storage Controller.

Regards,
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Sam Rahal
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the tip.