New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smartstart needed

SOLVED
Go to solution
manuj kumar
Frequent Advisor

Smartstart needed

Hello

i am trying to install Windows server 2003 32bit on a Proliant DL140 G3 server.
windows CDs couldn't detect any hard disks installed.
I am connecting drives to a raid controller.
server doesn't contain floppy drive.

i searched for the supported smart start cd in hp site, they said SmartStart Utility Version 7.40
but it is no longer downloadable. and the only downloadable version is the latest [8.2]
now i used 8.2 but server refused to boot,error appeared as this version is not supported in this types of server, please go to hp and get the supported version.

anyone can help me
thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you can wait until monday, i will check the smartstart cd's, and if i have it,will put it on the FTP, and send the location to the forum.

mikap
manuj kumar
Frequent Advisor

any other solution?
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

if you have ILO advace pack installed on this machine, you could use your local fdd/cdrom/dvd ... resources and mount it to the remote machine.

mikap
Manoj Mudaliar
Frequent Advisor

Hello Manuj,

To resolve your problem you can download the driver for the Storage Controller installed in your server from the following link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3285485&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842838&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

expand the file on to a floppy drive, you can use a USB floppy drive as the server doesnt have a floppy drive by default.

Boot the server with the OS cd and press F6 when prompted for, insert the floppy in the USB floppy drive so the OS can pickup the Storage controller driver from the floppy then the OS installation is the normal way.

Remember to update all the drivers to the latest once your installation is complete. Also you can run the Smart Start 8.2 cd in windows mode so that the required HP softwares too are installed which will help in future in case of any hardware failure.

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj Mudaliar
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi,

here is the promised Smartstart 7.40 iso image.

http://muf.maxian.sk/~fofo/HPSMST740.iso

if you download it,please let me know.

mikap