5160 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Softwareloopback

Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Softwareloopback

Hi

In the systems management GUI I'm getting...
Virtual Interface 1, SoftwareLoopBack.

Pointers anybody?

Thanks

Daren
DL120 G6
11 REPLIES 11
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Re: Softwareloopback

Did you assign a static IP address to the GUI? Could be your routing is not resolving. Do you have multiple HBAs or NICs that require MPIO driver?
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

===
Did you assign a static IP address to the GUI? Could be your routing is not resolving. Do you have multiple HBAs or NICs that require MPIO driver?
===

Hey M
It's SBS2008 which has astatic address assigned to the #2 LAN interface. The other LAN socket is connected to the LAN but DHCP.

I think I may have a routing issue as I CAN browse accross the web to the HTTP but can't reach any HTTPS ports/address open on the server.

What is a HBA? I used the Easy Setup CD to install the OS so have never had to play with drivers such as MPIO.

Cheers

Daren
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

HBA is a host bus adapter for a SAN. Dual channel SANs use two HBAs and need MPIO drivers to set homing.

IPConfig /all

See what each adapter is set as. You could use 192.168.10.x /255.255.255.0 for the second network. Use Layer 3 network switch to route traffic.
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

===
HBA is a host bus adapter for a SAN. Dual channel SANs use two HBAs and need MPIO drivers to set homing.

IPConfig /all

See what each adapter is set as. You could use 192.168.10.x /255.255.255.0 for the second network. Use Layer 3 network switch to route traffic.
===

Hey M

OK No I don't have any SANs.

I have 2 adapters 1 of which I have since disabled in the OS. So I am left with a single LAN with a static IP of 192.168.100.100.

But I still have this SoftwareLoopBack on Virtual interface 1. I am also unable to get a report on memory from the HP Management Software.

Any help?

Thanks

Daren
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Did you set up the right subnet and gateway? Are you allowed to route to the device? Does the System Management require its own unique IP address in the setup?
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Did you install it from the latest Smart Start DVD?
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

===
Did you set up the right subnet and gateway? Are you allowed to route to the device? Does the System Management require its own unique IP address in the setup?
===

I did set the system up in my own office on a different network prior to taking it to the client site.

The system management software installs itself from the Easy Start CD. No it uses the loopback address of 127.0.0.1 or localhost.
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

===
Did you install it from the latest Smart Start DVD?
===

Yes, The one that came in the box with the server
Daren Friday
Frequent Advisor

Hey M

On the IPCONFIG /ALL it shows that IP Routing is enabled.

I have a test server at my office with the same basic config but that dosen't have IP Routing enabled.

How do I disable it? Maybe this has been caused by the initial setup on a different lan and reconfig at the client site?

Thanks

Daren