1752689 Members
5278 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Solaris 2.9 on DL380

Tom Vicevich
Occasional Advisor

Solaris 2.9 on DL380

Trying to load Solaris 2.9 on a DL380 with a Smart 5300 Controller. I am using the software CD #1 as suggested and that got me much further than the setup CD but here is the problem, at the beginning of the installation the program accepts the cpqary38110 diskette for the 5300 controller just fine. Software loads and things look fine. At the very end of the install when it appears to be setting up the boot environment it asks for the diskette again only this time it doesn't see the cpqary3 driver. Any suggestions ?
1 REPLY 1
Tom Vicevich
Occasional Advisor

Re: Solaris 2.9 on DL380

I am going to reply to myself just in case others are interested in the solution to this problem.
Go to the drivers page for the DL380 G3/ Solaris and get the Solaris 2.9 driver for the SMART 5300 card as it doesn't seem to be available on the DL380 G1 site.
Make a Solaris Boot diskette and modify the \Solaris\bootenv.rc file in a text editor and add the line "setprop acpi-user-options 0x2"
Then boot from the diskette not the CD. If you research problems with the DL380 G3 you will come across this problem and the solution I just indicated. Turns out its an issue with ACPI monitors. With the solution in hand the installation went just fine.