5961 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Solid LED's and real slow shutdown and reboot

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Solid LED's and real slow shutdown and reboot

Hello,

I have rebuilt a proliant 6000 server with Windows 2000 and it has been giving problems ever since. Active Directory failed so we took off AD. We thought AD was causing shutdown and/or restart problems but the problems persist even with AD removed. We have tried to update just about every firmware item imaginable but the problem persists.

When we shutdown, it takes almost 15 minutes. Upon Every other reboot, the system can take up to 10 minutes to finish booting up with the Windows 2000 screens sitting there for network connections, etc. We had on instance where the server just shutdown after taking over 10 minutes to come up.

The event viewer is not giving us much to go on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Larry
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Solid LED's and real slow shutdown and reboot

Hi, is it Compaq memory and did you try running quick check or full diagnostics (one could do memory diag after the prompted diagnostic since it is the longest test) Also run diag on the array. You did mention about firware (you must have also did the SCU utility. Hope this help.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Solid LED's and real slow shutdown and reboot

I have the identical problem w/ two different Proliant 760s, each w/ Windows 2000 Advanced Server, no AD. It is configured w/ an Intel PRO/1000T adapter, Adaptec SCSI adapter, and Exabyte tape library. Have you found a solution yet. I'm working hard on it and have to find one by noon on 8/6. Good Luck and thanks, John