ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753907 Members
8975 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Solid Yellow LED on replacemet drive(s)

Frank McConnell

Solid Yellow LED on replacemet drive(s)

I am working on a DL360 G4 server where each replacement drive shows a solid yellow led after startup. The ACU just reports it as a failure, no matter which drive, of 2, is inserted. When first replaced the drive worked, as a mirror, for a few days but now, either replacement drive shows the same thing. Client won't allow me to put the still working drive in slot 0 into slot one so I can't check if I have 2 bad drives at the moment.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Solid Yellow LED on replacemet drive(s)

Hi,

Could be a bad SCSI backplane, but I'd be tempted to try another replacement drive first...

Regards,

Rob
Frank McConnell

Hi Rob;
The client has already replaced the backplane, with no changes to condition. He asks me; What is the exact procedure for restoring a broken mirror? Do replacement drives have to be prepared in some way? Would the system start up if the working drive in slot 0 was moved to slot 1?
Kumdist
Valued Contributor

Frank boot up with a single drive in slot0. See how it boots. Then pull out the drive and insert the other drive into slot 1 and boot up. There is not Data loss in this.. Just that the mirror is broken which you can later recreate.
Advise if they both manage to boot up ok.
Frank McConnell

Hi Kumdist;
I have tried something similar to that. Both of the replacement drives, placed in either slot give a solid yellow LED. Some suggestions will have to wait for our maintenance window which is 8 to 11 PM on Sundays.