1753776 Members
7569 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Some physical memory not available

Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Is the server not showing the correct memory production? You could take all the memory out and add 1 stick at a time.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Bill,
Just a question, was the RAM showing all 2GB before you upgraded it to 4GB?? If yes then why not swapping it around. Which means take out the Old 2GB out of the box and just leave new 2GB in to see if this shows up all 2GB. Please email me your contact ph no at sunil.jerath@hp.com. I am working night shift and would be able to do some troubleshooting with you or anyone at your site.

Regards,
Frederik Nagels

Hello,

I have the same problem, installed a ML570 server with windows 2003. On startup the server finds all of the 4GB but when windows is started I only see 3.62 GB.

Has your probleem been fixed?

Frederik Nagels
Belgium
Bill_185
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, we never got to the ottom of this. The next step would have been to try swap-testing the memory modules, but this is a production server and its not worth the trouble. We've put this issue on the back burner for now. I suspect that its not really a memory hardware problem at all, but I guess we'll never know.

If you do find the cause of this, I would greatly appreciate it if you would post the solution here.

Good luck!