ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1745788 Members
3393 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Some please stop me spending time on this easy thing?

SOLVED
Go to solution
yesilbeyaz
Advisor

Some please stop me spending time on this easy thing?

I spent 3 days just to make bootable iso to be able to upgrade ilo firmware remotely via kvm. Someone please but please show me correct way.

This is the file

I am not an expert on bootable file. All I need to make an iso and upgrade ilo remotely via KVM (Not the virtual media within ilo itself. With an external kvm)

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Is there a reason you can't just load the new firmware .bin from the iLO web interface? This would negate the process of you having to reboot the server to install from a USB device

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
yesilbeyaz
Advisor

Mines dont have web interface to upload iso. You can see screen shots here

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

yesilbeyaz wrote:

Mines dont have web interface to upload iso. You can see screen shots here

Sorry, I didn't notice the link in your original post. You have a LO100, not and iLO.  Not knowing anything about the KVM, I have to ask what will having an ISO image do? Does the KVM have a built in CD-ROM drive? Does the KVM have a USB port? Could you use the HPusbkey utility to create a bootable USB key that you can plug into the KVM?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
yesilbeyaz
Advisor

Can you believe that that was finally what I discovered to be able to do upgrade :) I was connecting remotely to kvm when I tried connecting kvm on my local pc, usb disk was able to mount and do the rest. :) How foolish sometimes people can be...