ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753768 Members
5070 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Souce: CimNotify Event ID: 4

Juan K

Souce: CimNotify Event ID: 4

I have a Server DL380 G4. The name of the Server was changed and, after that moment, every time Windows boots it presents a dialog box indicating that a Service failed during the stratup. Also; Windows shows the Event Log described in the subject of this message.

What recommendations can I follow to solve the problem?
7 REPLIES 7
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Insight Event Notifier can't start until it's configured. If you aren't planning on using it, disable the service.
Juan K

Well; actually the Service is necessary. But the problem is that, even if it is configured to an automatic start up, the Service is not able to do it every time Windows boots. Now; once you start the Service manually it continues working fine.

The problem began when the administrator changed the Server├в s name. Then; the HP Insight Event Notfier started presenting this behavior and the Windows Event Log shows continuously the error:

Souce: CimNotify Event ID: 4

We went to the root (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CIMnotify) and confirmed that the HOST name is listed there. Also we Telnet this HOST and it connected correctly.

The configuration seems to be OK but, even so the Service is not able to start every time Windows boots.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

check this

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=750102

also that error means
4 - Unable to establish a connection with the SMTP host: ├в %1.├в

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Juan K

I already checked all that information and also followed the steps detailed. Even so; the issue persisted.

I reinstalled ALL the HP Insight management Agents and the issue was solved for a couple of days. Now the Server is presenting the same behavior. Also; it seems that, if I configured the Server to obtain the IP address by DHCP the issue appears├в ┬ж if I use a static IP the issue appears to be solved. But this is just a theory├в ┬ж I need to check this. Maybe I will have better results tomorrow.

Do you have any recommendation to solve this problem?

Thank you.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

that server has SIM or Insight Event Notifier configured?

try removing the whole PSP / reboot / install it again.

--

I did not notice before jeje you're Costa Rica cool

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Ofer Sapir

Hi, I am having same issue on DL380 G5. I am not sure what change was made but service has been failing to start on startup with CimNotify Event 4 for the last few months. After startup I can start it manually with no problem and test emails are working. How do I make it start on startup?
JuanK_1
Advisor

Hi there! Maybe the SNMP Configuration is corrupted.

You can try to deploy the System Management Agents again (depending on your O/S). This procedure will reconfigure all the Agents and they will be able to recognize the current Server's configuration.

- Go to Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall the System Management Agents.

To reinstall the HP insight Management Agents there is a couple of options:

With the current ProLiant Support Pack:

1. Open the PSP and then run the setupex.exe file.

2. Search and execute this file: cp007669.exe.

Or downloading directly from hp.com

Otherwise; you can try changing NIC teaming from DHCP to Static.

Regards;