1752429 Members
5657 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Sound Card SB1040 on the ML 10 V2

Insevin
Occasional Contributor

Sound Card SB1040 on the ML 10 V2

Trying to get a Creative SB1040 PCI x1 sound card working on my ML10 V2. Its installed in the bottom PCI x4 slot and drivers are installed but I do not get audio through the 3.5mm jacks on any audio device. The SPDIF audio works fine on high end wireless headphones. Windows and Creative diagnostics have failed to explain why I can't hear any audio on these jacks. That audio is analog, whereas the functioning audio is digital, is there something off my card (like on the motherboard) that would cause this happen? When I first setup my server I didn't understand RAID and had an issue getting my HDD detected so I am running everything on AHCI. It was the easy fix. I don't know if this could have an effect.

Also after my first boot with the card installed, Windows tried to find a driver for "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" but never installed it (the process continued for over an hour without result). My sound card should be a x1 PCI express as far as I know. I am uncertain why it would need this bridge driver or what such driver would be appropriate to install manually.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The hard disks won't effect this ...

You should get the original driver for the card and install.

PCI-to-PCI bridges are usually used inside a card, if this card has muliple functionality, hence a driver is needed (in most cases original windows drivers). Maybe the manafacturer driver has it too.

http://support.creative.com

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Insevin
Occasional Contributor

I returned the SB1040 long ago and installed a ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 and it works just fine! Just in case someone reads this.