New Discussion

Re: Spare disk on raid 1 to be used to configure another raid 1

SOLVED
Go to solution
kyubi03
Occasional Contributor

Spare disk on raid 1 to be used to configure another raid 1

Hi everyone,

Im new here btw. I have a Proliant DL360 G9 server with 6.30 firmware and configured with RAID 1 ( 2HDD bay 1 and bay 2) with 1 spare disk (bay 3). Datastorage is almost full so i bought another HDD ang plug it in bay 4. Now i want to configure another RAID 1 but when creating an array, only the HDD in BAY 4 is available. what will i do to make sa spare disk available. See attached image of the current configuration

3 REPLIES 3
FabioC1
HPE Pro

hI -  kyubi03 

How you make raid and use the HD port 1 box 1 ba3 how spare, the hd now is part of Raid (Logical drive 1), 

To use this HD you need erase of raid, so it will  show how unasign driver, after you can use the HD for new RAID

FabioC1 - HPE Pro

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

In the array configuration utility, instead of highlighting the drive like pictured, highlight the array itself. You should then have an option on the right menu to manage spares. Click the option and uncheck the box next to the spare and save.  Now you should see it as an unassigned drive.   You can now create additional arrays, or migrate and expand the current array.   

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
kyubi03
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot Jimmy Vance..