1753587 Members
7021 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Specs for HP 379300-B21 memory

Oki_1
Occasional Contributor

Specs for HP 379300-B21 memory

I recently buyed 2 sets of advanced ECC memory (HP 379300-B21) but I did not get the specific data to configure the BIOS DRAM configuration settings.
Can anybody help me to get these settings right?
I use this memory on a MSI motherboard K8N-Master2-FAR with 2x dual opteron 275.

Many thanks for help in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Dear Oki,

Are you looking for the following specifications for these Registered Unbuffered Memory modules:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=partlist&model=379300-B21&HP_model=379300-B21&modname=HP+4.0GB+memory+upgrade+kit+%28379300-B21%29&template=main&plist_sval=ALL&plist_styp=flag&dealer_id=&callingsite=&strsrch=&keysel=%3F&catsel=%3F

TarunJain

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

Oki_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the link!
I allready find out that the modules have a individual HP number: 373030-851
The manufacturer is Micron and the modules has their code MT36VDDF25672Y-40BF3
On the site of the manufacturer I downloaded a data-sheet.
However, I could not find out how to select the BIOS settings "Node Interleaving Interlock" and "H/W Memory Hole Interlock".
These settings can be set to "At least not" or "All present are" and a search on Google would not help me.
I realy don't understand these settings but it has somithing to do how the memory will operate with the Opteron processors in Windows XP64.
Can any body tell me how these settings work and witch settings are the best to work with Windows XP64?
e4services
Honored Contributor

Why are you not asking this of MSI? They are pretty good with customer support in th eUS
Hot Swap Hard Drives
e4services
Honored Contributor

From OCZ support site:
-Node memory interleaving Enabled
-H / W memory hole remapping Disabled
-H/ W memory interlock Leave at the default setting

Key word here is leave at default, unless you can get a better answer from an MSI Engineer as to what the settings do for you.
Hot Swap Hard Drives
weik
Frequent Advisor

I think the "Node memory interleaving" is the SUMA memory access Method (node interleaving sufficiently uniform memory accessing).
Windows supports the NUMA (linear, non-uniform memory access) Method. Also SQL will support it (as example).

In the DL585 the method is normaly set default to NUMA (for a short info about NUMA look in Microsoft article 921928 or look in "http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178144.aspx").

Before i disable "Node memory interleaving" you should test te performance with your applications, because eventualy they cannot take advantage from the NUMA.