1753672 Members
5608 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Standby light flashes, no boot, no video

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Standby light flashes, no boot, no video

System won't boot. On powerup, the standby (left) LED flashes steadily and the usual boot process doesn't proceed. No video. Fans are operational.
4 REPLIES 4
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

PLEASE HELP!! I'm having the exact same problem. Running NT4.0. It was running fine and I had shut it down a few days ago and when I went to restart it - NOTHING. No video, no beeps, but fans are running and the LED is on.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Sorry that I don't have more info for you (yet). I won't be able to diagnose this server in person until Aug 9. I will post here when I have a solution. Based on other threads here, I am suspecting the power supply, but it could be a disk problem, MB settings, or other causes. Good luck.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yeah, that's a similar problem i am having, i swap power cables, the left LED flashes on and off, it seem to me that it may be a power supply cause it did came up twice then cut out about 10 sec. Also the fan would spin up and stop as if the power cut out then spin up again and so on. Power Supply Maybe?????????
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

It may be the power supply. I have had one fail with these symtoms (above). However, on another occasion, I saw the same symptoms, but it was caused by a poorly seated memory board.