1753789 Members
7561 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Stopped installing

Theo Richel
Occasional Advisor

Stopped installing

With the ML 115 comes a cd with drivers. The Win2003 section says to install them all. I have installed the Nvidia driver, the Matrox driver and the NIC-drivers and the lights out driver.

I am not intending to use a raid so I wanted to skip those, especially since the Nvidia driver mentions that for so called SW-functionality I should run a floppy disk - and the ML 115 doesnt even have a floppy drive.
My system seems to work allright apart from the fact that I am constantly nagged by a Found New Hardware wizard that wants to install an IDE driver. I do not understand this, where is this driver located, or is it part of the raid-drivers. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Many thanks

Theo Richel
6 REPLIES 6
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Re: Stopped installing

hi,

Ml115 which G? and is the w2k3 x86 or x64?

regards,
Theo Richel
Occasional Advisor

As far as I can see here there is only a regular ml 115 and a G5 version of it. I do not have the G5, and it is the i86 version of Windows 2003

Thanks

TR
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

did you installed the hp drivers or the NOS generic drivers?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3412419&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3330535&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214

also do you have any IDE device like optical drive?

I recommend BTW to flash the BIOS (check the above link)

regards,
Theo Richel
Occasional Advisor

Juan,

Thanks for the link to the softwarepage, I'll flash the bios soon.

What does NOS mean? I installed some drivers from the disk that came with the server.

There is a sata drive inside and a dvd-drive, all orginal. The latter is probably IDE, but functions allright.
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

NOS stands for Network Operating System.
and the IDE drive may be the one causing your issue, you can disable the notification and/or safely ignore it if everything is working fine however BIOS flash can solve it, also try to use the latest drivers from the link I sent

:P
Theo Richel
Occasional Advisor

I will, thanks very much.

TR