1752522 Members
4960 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Storage Controller Fault Tolerant Power Supply Status

tkecherson

Storage Controller Fault Tolerant Power Supply Status

Good morning,

I have an interesting issue that just came to my attention with a ProLiant ML370 G4. I received an alert from out monitoring system stating that there was a possible issue with the fault tolerant power supply for the storage controller. When I went into the System event viewer logs, I see the same block of 4 events repeating multiple times a day, stating that both the temperature and the power supply on the controller enter a state of 0, then back to 2. The 2 state is defined as OK, but I do not know what the 0 state is. What can be done about this? Attached are the events received, below is a brief summary. Thank you.

The fault tolerant power supply in the COMPAQ   PROLIANT 4L2I    storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in Slot 0 has a new status of 2.
(Power supply status values: 1=other,2=ok,3=degraded, 4=failed,5=notInstalled)

The COMPAQ   PROLIANT 4L2I    storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in Slot 0 has a new temperature status of 2.
(Temperature status values: 1=other,2=ok,3=degraded,4=failed,5=notInstalled)

The fault tolerant power supply in the COMPAQ   PROLIANT 4L2I    storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in Slot 0 has a new status of 0.
(Power supply status values: 1=other,2=ok,3=degraded, 4=failed,5=notInstalled)

The COMPAQ   PROLIANT 4L2I    storage system connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in Slot 0 has a new temperature status of 0.
(Temperature status values: 1=other,2=ok,3=degraded,4=failed,5=notInstalled)

Thank you again.

Tim Kecherson

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: Storage Controller Fault Tolerant Power Supply Status

Could you tell what if this is an HP ProLiant ML370 G4 Server or Storage Server?

If this is the former, could you tell what Smart Array Controller is used and if there is an external storage device connected to it.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

tkecherson

Vijayasarathy,

It's a G4 Server, not storage. It's a Smart Array 6400 Controller with an IBM DS4700 SAN attached.

Thanks,

Tim

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Firmware and psp update.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

As mentioned above, please update the firmware and the PSP on the server. If the issue persists, then check the fan status on the IBM DS4700 SAN box. For further assistance with that box, contact IBM. Regards, Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo