4984 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Storage agents not working on VMware ESX 2.5.2

Scott Toenniessen
Occasional Contributor

Storage agents not working on VMware ESX 2.5.2

Hi,

I'm running VMware ESX 2.5.2 on a ProLiant DL580G1 with a SA5300 and an external HP MSA30 drive cabinet. Using the Insight Agents 7.4.0b for ESX.

The agent is running - I can log on to the system management homepage and everything looks ok except that no info for the Integrated Smart Array or SA5300 controllers is displayed. When I do "ps" on ESX the only storage agents running are cmaided and cmafcad.

I've checked the cma.conf and see no exclusions (cmaidad, cmascsid). Also when I do an hpasm start it indicates all the storage agents are loading - so they must be unloading/failing, etc.

Any ideas?

I am able to run the CPACUXE and configure the Integrated and SA5300 controllers (I've tried IM with the ACU started and stopped - doesn't make a difference).

I am using the vmkblk script from VMware as well.

Thanks,

Scott
1 REPLY 1
Brad_95

Re: Storage agents not working on VMware ESX 2.5.2

I am experiencing the same thing on a 580 G3. I have used IM agent 7.40, 7.41, and just today 7.51, all with the same results described above. Ironically, I have another 580 G3 running the same agents and they are reporting fine on the systems homepage!? I've tried resintalls, etc, but to no avail.