ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752758 Members
5019 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

StorageWorks does not appear on DL30 G4.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jens Erik Hegstad
Occasional Contributor

StorageWorks does not appear on DL30 G4.

I installed a StorageWorks 1/8 tape library with an Ultrium 3 960 drive on the external SCSI device on an DL380. On W2K3 sometimes the Ultrium 3 960 appear on the device list and the next boot its gone. On the HP Library and Tape tools the same happen.
On the DL380 I have an 6400 controller which is cabled to the backplane. The 6si controller is not in use. I also installed Backup Exec v. 10.0.

WhatтАЩs wrong why does the Ultrium 3 960 disappear and why canтАЩt I see the library ?
3 REPLIES 3
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Re: StorageWorks does not appear on DL30 G4.

If you install it on external port of 6i controller--this is not supported configuration.
Array controller can only see one SCSI ID in "dumb SCSI" mode. Autoloader have 2 ID-one for tape and one for robotics.
Jens Erik Hegstad
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Basil Vizgin

Is there any way to change the 6si controller from "dumb SCSI" mode, to accept Autoloaders with two ID's ? The 6si controller is only used by the autoloader.
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor
Solution

This "dumb SCSI" mode only used when you attach to array controller something different than a disks (tape, for instance). Native use of array controllers is for disk arrays:)
Unfortunally you cannot attach autoloader to HP Array Controller anyway.