4189 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange Power readings from iLO

Ionut Nica
Occasional Contributor

Strange Power readings from iLO

Hello,

We have a bunch of HP servers (proliant DL 360G5 ) and we are using firmware version 1.60 for iLO.

We are monitoring the servers using Centreon (a Nagios frontend) using a plugin that sends requests using XML to the iLO Controller.
We have no issues with the way it works sofar, except for the fact, that once per day (at least as far as we can tell it is once per day) we get a strange power reading from ilo.

By strange I mean we get 72 925W from a power supplies that deliver 700W. It is like a spike in the graphs, and of course generates inconsistencies of our other data.

I was wondering whether anyone has seen this issue occurring anywhere else in their environment.

Thanks for any feedback,
ionut
3 REPLIES 3
Modris Bremze
Esteemed Contributor

First thing to try is iLO firmware upgrade. The current iLO version is 1.94 - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=397991тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodClassId=10007&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=397989
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

Are those ILOs or ILO2s? If ILO, yeah, v1.94. If ILO2, v1.82 is what I'm using - and HP just (I mean just) released v2.00.
Ionut Nica
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was using iLO2, and I noticed that after applying the latest update (not 2.0 the one before), the problems with power reading spikes went away.