New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange events from Cissesrv

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

Strange events from Cissesrv

Hi,

I have two DL360 G5 with 2 Go and 4 Go of RAM running Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 and i'm getting this events randomly on the two server:

Type de l'├йv├йnement : Avertissement
Source de l'├йv├йnement : Cissesrv
Cat├йgorie de l'├йv├йnement : Aucun
ID de l'├йv├йnement : 24675
Date : 2009-06-08
Heure : 15:35:04
Utilisateur : N/A
Ordinateur : SRV01
Description :
Data that was previously consistent is now being reported as inconsistent. The data on the mirrored drives do not match. The inconsistent data may be caused by a power loss during write activity or by a drive returning corrupt data. The inconsistent data is between block address 8519936 and block address 8520191 of logical drive 1. The inconsistent physical drive can be found in bay 1 of box 1 connected to port 1I of array controller P400i [Embedded].

The servers are brand new and online since April.

I tried to upgrade de firmware of RAID controller but i'm still getting this event.

Is it really a problem or only a false error?

How can i get a problem with the consistency of data (Mirror RAID) on two different new server with brand new hard disk.

Somebody can help me please?

Thanks!

Jim
8 REPLIES 8
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Did you also check the firmware on the drives ?

Regards,
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

Hi,

The Drive Firmware Revision for my SAS Drive in RAID 1 seem to be the latest one (HPD6).

I joined the repport of the HP Raid Diagnostic Utility.

I hope that is going to help somebody to help me!

Thanks!

Jim
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

Nobody can help me with this problem?

Is it really a critical error on the raid or it's just a false error?

Thanks!
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

This event is generated by cissesrv.exe and the HP Storage Agents as a result of one drive failure on Windows 2003, 2000. You need to replace the hard drive affected in this case found in bay 1 of box 1 connected to port 1. According to the error.

When the volumes recover successfully, the cissesrv.exe also notifies Microsoft Windows about volumes being returned to normal
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

I have the same event on two new servers.

The HD light is green and if I look in HP System Management Home page the status of the HD and the RAID are OK.

Do you really think that I have two bad HD on the first RAID on two new server?

Thanks!

Jim
Solution

Hi,

what is revision of your firmware. As i know servers are still shipped with firmware 5.22, and latest version is 5.26 (C) and in revision history is:

Version: 5.26 (C) (13 May 2009)
Fixes

* Fixed an issue on RAID 1 and RAID 1+0 logical drives in which normal operating system-related buffer content changes that occur during write operations are misinterpreted and logged as critical "inconsistent stripe" events."

├В┬╗ Version: 5.26 (B) (14 Apr 2009)
Fixes

* Fixed an issue on RAID 1 and RAID 1+0 logical drives in which normal operating system-related buffer content changes that occur during write operations are misinterpreted and logged as critical "inconsistent stripe" events."

├В┬╗ Version: 5.26 (27 Feb 2009)
Fixes

├В┬╗ Version: 5.22 (14 Nov 2008)
Fixes

* Fixed a rebuild performance issue that occurs during continuous host I/O.
* Fixed an issue where Sequential reads on SATA drives in an MSA60 may lead to drive failures.
* Fixed an issue to avoid potential data write errors during instances of high disk stress that has only been observed in a test environment.
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

I download the lastest HP Firmware CD and update the firmware to version 5.66 and the event was gone.

Thanks!
Jimmy Desbiens
Advisor

Thanks!