1752795 Members
6335 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Strange events from hpqilo2

Stefan Pippel
Advisor

Now, there are more servers showing this error.
I have downgraded one of them to iLO version 1.8.0.0 from the last psp. Let's see if this helps...
StevenH_1
Occasional Contributor

I installed PSP 8.20A last week on a few DL380 G5, I came in to work this morning only to find that ou SIM server reported that one of our critical servers rebooted during the night, after rebooting I also had many hpqilo errors. I looked at the Intergrated lights out log ( from system management homepage ) and also found this error "BMC IPMI Watchdog Timer: Action=System Power Reset" . Anyone else got this ??
Chris Ciapala
Trusted Contributor

I had to disable ASR because of this. I got 3 reboots during a week, with no apparent reason, only o lot of hpqilo events. Just to be sure, I disabled ASR and system is stable from this time, about 3 weeks so far.
Anyone found newer/updated drivers or firmware?
DMorgan
Occasional Advisor

I have had exactly the same as the post above!! Disabled ASR! :( Not good HP!
T.Willmann
Occasional Contributor

10 Servers on my side as well...
No fun.
Wonder when HP is acting ?!
DMorgan
Occasional Advisor

Hopefully! soon..... reminds me of when the DL385 G2 was launched. First few months they would all blue screeen with the latest supportpaq.
olivier.brian

We had a lot of unfriendly reboots last week with BL460C G1. I contacted HP and they advise me to upgrade all BIOS firmware and after that the OA firmware. This should fix the problem. I try this on Friday. But yesterday I get few reboots. Today I disabled the RSA on each Server.

Hope HP give me another advice on Monday..
Peter H.
Frequent Advisor

Hi
I have the same error messages as mentioned above in the eventlog. My server do not reboot (hope that keeps on!).
I have got other error, see
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1334516

Could there be a connection?

Best regards.
Matthias Zahn_1
Advisor

Same error here on a Blade 465 G5.

I had opened a case.

-Zahni
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Make sure you force downgrade the HP Proliant iLO2 Management Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 to version 1.8.

Should resolve your issues with both the hpqilo2 errors and the ASR/Blue Screen reboots.

Also there's a new firmware for both he E200 and P400 controllers.