1752672 Members
6264 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Strange events from hpqilo2

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Re: Strange events from hpqilo2

I just downloaded the 8.25 version and extracted it to see what the version numbers were. The iLO driver is still 1.11, which in my opinion is still broken and 1.80 is the current working version. Guess we have to wait for 8.30.

Drat!
Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Errr... I mean 1.8.0 not 1.80.

Nelson
Shane V
Advisor

Yep, as above, still getting all the event ID:57 errors over the weekend after installing cp011016.exe
Hussey_K
Advisor

GCC Engineer Has Recommended to Update the ILO 2 Firmware Version 1.77 in addition to applying the hpqilo2 driver version 1.11.1.0
I work for HP
Torbjorn Mohn
Frequent Advisor

ILO 2 Firmware Version 1.77 does NOT make any difference. I'm using it and Management Controller Driver 1.11.1 on my x64 system, and I'm still getting the hpqilo2 error messages regularly.
Donmeado

Same result here with 1.77 and new 1.11.1.0, hpqilo2 errors still occur.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

We're seeing the same issues here.
The worst aspect is that we've had a couple of servers ASR.
I've now got a couple of DR Servers on the latest driver (1.11.0) and ILO FW 1.77. we'll monitor these to see what errors we get.

Interestingly there are some servers on the same combination (a BL460c G1) that are not giving any errors. Still trying to track any kind of pattern.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

After a bit of looking around there are a couple of servers where we've had these events but they've stopped. There's nothing that ties in exactly, but one feature is that these now have the latest HP Agents (8.26) and SMH (3.0.1.73) which are more recent than the PSP.
At the point of putting these in I didn't have the 1.11.0 version of the ILO 2 driver.

So, a combination of ensuring all of the FW, PSP 8.20 plus updated versions may work.
Torbjorn Mohn
Frequent Advisor

Having the latest HP Insight Mamagement Agents (ver 8.26) does not make a difference. My bl460c G1 with server 2003 x64 has ALL updates released since PSP8.20 installed, and it still generetes the hpqilo2 messages regularly (about once or twice daily). The only way to get rid of them, is to downgrade the iLO 2 Management Controller Driver to version 1.8.0.0. It puzzels me why HP is unable to deal with this issue.
Paul_627
Frequent Advisor

This issue was first reported over 6 weeks ago and it is unacceptable that it has not yet been resolved! One would expect an all out effort to alert the customer base to not install the defective software and remove it from the download area and/or produce a fix within 1 - 2 days. I deduce from HP's actions that management (at some level)does not have a clue or is completely inept.