1752781 Members
6487 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sudden Increase in DL385 G1 & DL380 G4 Array Battery Problems

Intel Server team_1
Occasional Advisor

Sudden Increase in DL385 G1 & DL380 G4 Array Battery Problems

Hi, there seems to be a huge influx of Array battery faults on the above to servers...I know there is an old whitepaper out there stating that firmwares were creating faults where there were none....However, all ones I have checked are well above the minimum level.

Is anyone else experiencing these high failure rates? 2 - 3 a week in a fleet of about 200 servers?

Are these deemed as consummables & not covered under standard maintenance? If so, is there any documentation to support the maintenance position.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

To my knowledge, batteries are covered under the server warranty or contract.

I've not had a problem with placing calls for a battery failure. HP support does require an ADU report that shows F/W level, etc.

The batteries are CRU (customer replaced units), however.

Regards,

Louis
Louis Henninger_1
Regular Advisor

I do seem to remember a bad batch of batteries for the SA6i not too long ago...

Regards,

Louis
Timothy Cusson
Valued Contributor

It may be due to the age of the batteries, they do wear out. They are definetly covered by the HP ProLiant warranty.

lwright
Occasional Advisor

I currently have this same problem on four DL360 G4 and one DL360 G4p. I have called HP repeatedly about them (7 times on one server so far this year) I have updated the firmware to v2.84B, and replaced the batteries and their cages in case it was a problem with the cable. Only one of these servers is now under warranty. I had one new battery last 3 DAYS before it failed and that was last month. I've put postings out in the forums - and now I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. HP needs to do something about this issue.