108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suitable UPS for ML330 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Craigcve
Occasional Contributor

Suitable UPS for ML330 G3

I am looking to purchase a rack mount UPS for one of our servers. I am trying to decide between the APC SmartUPS 1500 and an HP UPS R1500 RM. I would like to utilize any available software capabilities to communicate with the UPS. Any recommendations?
4 REPLIES 4
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

ML 330 G3, How long do you want the server up for? 1500 might be too small. I have used APC SmartUPS. The software is decent. You might want to look at a 3000 VA.
Craigcve
Occasional Contributor

We are more concerned with an orderly shut down in case of an actual failure than with how long it stays up. If we get 10 minutes or so out of it (basically verifying that it is an actual outage), then do an orderly shut down, we're ok. BTW, what about Powerchute vs HP Power Manager vs Insight Manager (I think Insight Manager can do power management as well although my next task is to learn about that). Does an HP UPS have more "bells & whistles" when talking to an HP server?
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

APC Powerchute software does work well. I have a Symmetra LX 16kVA UPS. APC support has been good. I replaced a power module last week. They shipped it overnight.
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Craig,

Looking at the requirement, HP UPS R1500 RM would be an ideal choice.

HP UPS R1500 is an online UPS and compatible with all the HP servers.

easy managebility through HP Power Manager or from HP SIM

for other details, refer HP UPS R1500 XR
quickspecs
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10819_div/10819_div.HTML

Most of the servers that I have here are from HP so I use HP UPS only. So far I didn't have any issue in terms of managebility, power management thru these ups.

You may want to compare the feature, price and other advantages, please go ahead.

APC SmartUPS 1500 is also a good UPS but I don't have one.. so can't give you much info on it.

Thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo