1753947 Members
7691 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Survey Ver. 2.58 on NetWare

Wes Queen
Occasional Contributor

Survey Ver. 2.58 on NetWare

I'm trying to execute Survey from the console prompt on a ML350 running NetWare 6.0 w/sp2. I get the following error:

Survey error: error number returned: 1008

No survey.txt is created, the program simple dies.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wes
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Wes,

I found the following information which relates to version 2.18 for Netware. I'm guessing that the same issue applies to V2.58.

I hope this helps,

Brian

Attempting to run a Survey.NLM version 2.18A , Survey reports ERROR CODE: 1008, When using SP10485, after executing the .exe to the Local Hard Drive, the download creates Release.txt, SP10485.txt, and S218NW.EXE. Advised to copy the S218NW.EXE to the SYSTEM directory within SYS: and execute the file from a workstation within SYS:SYSTEM. The EXE will create a Directory called S218NW. At the Server Prompt LOAD SYS:\S218NW\SINSTALL -iAUTO_INST (note: the -iAUTO_INST switch is optional, it will cause the Survey Utility to load automatically on every boot, and take shapshots every boot and every Wednesday at noon) to install the Survey Utility. Finally, load the Survey.NLM
Wes Queen
Occasional Contributor

Brian,

You're the man! Although expanding the exe didn't create a directory under sys: I created it manually, copied expanded files and directory structure from my workstation to that directory, then executed the sinstall nlm and now survey is happy. There were obviously some missing files if sinstall wasn't used properly.

Thanks for your help!

Wes