7904 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Survival to Intel Bug Interrupt-remapping

psilvao
Occasional Visitor

Survival to Intel Bug Interrupt-remapping

Dear Colleagues:

Reading information on the internet about a bug in a family of Intel's chip and reviewing our inventory of hp servers, which include models:

• Gen8 DL380p 
  • Gen8 DL360p 
  • DL380 G7

It reports:

--------------- BEGIN --------------
On Systems with the Intel 5500 and 5520 chipsets (revision 0x13) and the Intel X58 chipset (revisions 0x12, 0x13, 0x22), having interrupt remapping enabled causes various problems.

The Reported symptoms range from network link state flapping and partial to full loss of communication on network cards.

Common Is that the kernel will log messages like
"kernel: do_IRQ: No irq handler for x.xxx vector (irq -1)"
in the syslog.

----------- END --------------------

Is there any procedure to disable bios level interrupt remapping ?, or just realize: HP ProLiant G6 / G7 Server - How to Enable or Disable Intel VT-d2

Source:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/mostViewedDisplay?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_efb5c0793523e51970c8fa22b053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02985419-1%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.tpst=efb5c0793523e51970c8fa22b053ce01&sp4ts.oid=3884082&ac.admitted=141...

Thanks in advance
 -Pablo

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

I dont think there is any option in BIOS to disable hardware interrupt remapping.

Check this document Implementing SR-IOV for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on HP ProLiant Servers.

HP ProLiant Servers do not support hardware interrupt remapping. Please use the following command to override hardware interrupt remapping on Intel platforms:
Boot kernel with intremap=no_x2apic_optout option

Gen8 servers also has to Enable or Disable Intel VT-d2.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

psilvao
Occasional Visitor

Hi Again!

Thanks for your reply, I want to know if the following update http://tinyurl.com/krnppke 

, can help us for tu survival the intel bug, perhaps we are ok and we need use intremap=off in kernel boot  parameters

For example, our server has DMI: HP ProLiant DL380 G7, BIOS P67 07/02/2013

-Pablo