7394 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Symantec Ghost and ML150 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
at369

Symantec Ghost and ML150 G3

Trying to create a boot disk through Ghost Wizard to complete a ghostcast for our new G3 models but unable to get correct NIC driver to work with ghost. Have been doing this successfully with other models such as ML150 G2, ML350 G4p and ML330 G3 but no such luck with these ones we just switched over to. Can someone please direct me in the right direction to download the correct driver for the ML150 G3?
I have seen other postings for different servers with the same issue but unable to resolve. Just in case, I also attempted to update the firmware for the NIC.
2 REPLIES 2
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Symantec Ghost and ML150 G3

Try this link http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/download/25509.html

You may need the q57 and play with the protocol.ini to get it working, but the setting is in the readme.txt.

Thanks,

Gus

ps: please assign points accordingly
Learning never ends
Jens Breiland

Re: Symantec Ghost and ML150 G3

An alternate solution would be to use a 3com 3c905c card which will work with the built-in 3com ghost drivers that come with ghost. Although depending on how many servers you are setting up it may not be cost-effective to add a separate 3com nic card to each one. Hope this helps.